Pages

Advertisement

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Do You Want to Get a Vasectomy? Know the Pros and Cons

If you are thinking of getting a vasectomy, you are wise on reading up on it. Getting one is a major decision in your life. You do not want to make this decision lightly.
I got my vasectomy when I was 36 years old. That was 13 years ago and I have not regretted it one second. I already had two children at the time and determined that two was plenty for me. Caring for more children was not something that I wanted to do. I love being a dad, just not enough to have more children. Children are a huge expense on your finances and your time. You have to understand this before you become a father.
A man has to know his limitations. Or at least what he wants. In my case I wanted to not have any more children.
The cons to having a vasectomy is a very short list -
1) You will not be able to father any children. Unless you get the procedure reversed. Getting a vasectomy reversed is possible, but do your own research to satisfy yourself that it is reversible. You have to talk to doctors about this. You will not learn all this on the internet.
The pros to having a vasectomy are numerous -
1) You will not have any more children. A vasectomy means that it is impossible for your semen to make it into your ejaculate.
2) You can happily care for the children you already have.
3) You can provide better for the children you already have.
4) You can give the children you already have a better life.
5) You do not have to worry about unwanted pregnancies or abortions.
6) If you do not have children you can live your life exactly as you see fit.
7) Sex is much more pleasurable because you will not be worrying about being a father. This was a huge concern for me before I got married. I worried all the time about getting the women I slept with pregnant. These were one night stands and short-term flings. I loved sleeping around, but hated the thought of getting someone pregnant. I loved the freedom of sex, but hated the thought of the responsibility. I passed up many opportunities for sex because I did not want to take a chance getting a woman pregnant unless I knew she would not.
8) Sex is not affected as far as I can tell. It is just as good after my vasectomy as before. Since I do not have the worry of more babies, it is actually better.
Hans Hallanger writes about Personal development for Men. This site is dedicated to discussing and finding the strategies, activities, practices and mindset that are necessary for men to make life wonderful, inspired, satisfying, fulfilling and filled with an abundance of women, money, success and happiness. Go to http://www.personal-development-for-men.com/index.html to learn more. You can even get the book "The Organized Single Dad" for FREE by going here http://www.personal-development-for-men.com/newsletter.html

No comments: